Operations Associate - Pricing & Data Management
To perform a technical function making sure policy and procedures are adhered to.
Main duties and responsibilities
- In the morning the pricing of Bond, derivatives, equities and loans. Managing the exceptions and verifying values using Bloomberg, Markit and RIMES.
- The data management aspect involves the creation and maintenance of security, fund, broker and other reference data in systems such as SimCorp Dimension, Charles River and Wall Street Office. Actively resolving any pricing and reference data issues raised and investigating to identify the cause.
- Identifying new control points and demonstrating awareness of potential operational risk
- Analysis of large data sets in MS Excel, VBA, SQL, or R
- Engaging internal teams to ensure new initiatives are implemented and that data flow and translations are correct
- Helping to maintain the relationships between Operations and internal stakeholders such as the Investment Desks, IT, Risk, Fund Accounting and the Performance team
- Taking full ownership demonstrating full awareness of any system upgrades and enhancements, and any potential regulatory breaches
- Ensuring that the systems provide timely, accurate and complete information to staff and clients
- Contributing towards weekly updates for senior management
- Proactive delivery of projects using own initiative
- Ensure Due Diligence of third parties are performed
- Ensure Business Continuity activities of Operational Risk are performed
- Work closely with Process Improvement and Project Management Office to provide oversight on risk initiatives and due diligence
- Sets high standards of performance for self and strives to meet challenging objectives. Acts with integrity and within both the spirit and the letter of BlueBay's principles, policies and procedures
- Considers own role within the commercial context and focusses on the client. Respects obligations to internal and external clients and investors and treat clients fairly
- Displays a positive and energetic attitude, gets involved and proactively seeks out opportunities to advance the business
- Consistently displays a ‘can-do’ attitude, perseveres in the face of setbacks and remains calm and professional under pressure
- Establishes and maintains good relationships and works effectively and cooperatively with others. Communicates constructively, engages others positively and readily shares information and ideas
- Seeks out insightful, smart ideas to raise personal and team standards. Demonstrates the ability to think creatively to find solutions. Responds quickly and positively to change and maintains effectiveness when experiencing change. Invests time in learning new skills and gaining new experiences
- Acts with integrity, due skill, care and diligence in carrying out their role
- Has full understanding and/or awareness of:
- BlueBay's Compliance Manual with specific focus on the PA Dealing, Gifts and Entertaining and Conflicts of Interest Policy
- BlueBay’s Employee Handbook
Apply for this job
Please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.