IT Analyst - IT Operations - Application Support
IT Operations Manager - Application Support
IT Application Support Operations team role. Responsible for all elements of “run the bank operations”.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Application Support within a financial organisation including; business applications, database technologies & ITIL principles.
- Strong SQL skills and background, experience in batch scheduling tools and exposure to one or more core applications including Imagine, Charles River, SimCorp Dimension & TLM.
- Demonstrable desire to learn and develop skillset to meet responsibilities required in order to be able to take on operational support for existing and newly deployed in house and 3rd party applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience delivering superior customer service.
- Strong documentation skills, creation of procedural guides and knowledge base articles for operational support team and customer use.
- Provide first class global Operational Application Support for core business applications at Bluebay.
- Working closely with Trading, Operations, Marketing and Finance Teams. Build strong relationships and respect with business stakeholders across all levels.
- Tracking, monitoring and resolving ServiceNow incidents and requests to offer the best possible customer service to the user base.
- Work within a team of application support analysts focused on reducing the operational support issues.
- Producing and following SOD/EOD health checks safeguarding run the bank operations.
- Real Time monitoring of key and critical processes facilitated by Active Batch.
- Ensuring all IT Processes and audit controls are completed in a timely manner.
- Part of on-call rota and agreed weekend cover schedule to work as required.
- Develop tools or processes to empower the business to resolve their own issues
- Create, maintain and advertise procedural guides and knowledge base articles for team and customer use
- Follow best practices and frameworks such as ITIL while working on Incident, Problem, and Change management. Provide firm-wide notifications of system outages and updates upon resolution.
- Act as part of the resolution team for major incidents; contribute to actions and their completion, document the recovery plan and take responsibility for RCA task completion.
- Contributing in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity tests and documentation.
Experience and attributes
- User champion – Puts the customer first in everything they do.
- Ability to operate in a CSI mindset and demonstrates drive, enthusiasm & creativity to identify repetitive tasks then automate, simplify, transition to SD for a first time fix or empower the business.
- Exhibit a strong sense of responsibility and accountability for the solutions the team support.
- Inquisitive in nature with a desire to learn and ability to question.
- Strong technical aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Displays strong organisational skills and attention to detail, demonstrates clear enthusiasm, commitment to the role and drive for personal development.
- Seeks out insightful, smart ideas to raise personal and team standards.
- Responds quickly and positively to change and maintains effectiveness when experiencing change.
- Considers own role within the commercial context and focusses on the client. Respects obligations to internal and external clients and investors and treat clients fairly.
- BlueBay’s regulatory obligations
- BlueBay’s Compliance policies and procedures manual
- BlueBay’s Employee Handbook
Apply for this job
Please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.